Profile Pic

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Unspoken

There are often times where I know that there is a need in my life and yet I don't bring it before God.  I think about it a lot, I allow it to bother me, but for some reason I don't speak it into words.  I would never speak it out loud, but this time I didn't even speak it into silent words of prayer. I just allowed this longing to be.  To just simply exist.  I think that is why I was so shocked when God answered the longing.  He answered the unspoken prayer with a loud and mighty YES.  It is humbling to have one of your needs met before you even admit to it.  I was immediately reminded of the scripture that talks about the holy spirit interceding for us in prayer. Romans 8:26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."  I believe that the holy spirit took that need and put it into words that I could not express and interceded with God for me.  That is an amazing thing to experience. 
What I wanted was a friend, close to me, who was currently going through the adoption process.  I felt guilty for wanting that.  I have so much support around me, so many people who sympathize with us, but I secretly wanted someone to empathize with me.  I wanted to sit around in a group of girls and complain about how hard the paper work is, and talk about what they are doing in the waiting, and what they are reading.  I wanted to feel normal.  I wanted to have the moments in a group full of people just like me, that my pregnant friends have with each other.  But I didn't want to ask for such a selfish thing.  Well, God gives above and beyond what we deserve.
Within the span of 3 days last week I received news from two couples that we are close to, that they are adopting.  I didn't realize just how much I needed and wanted that until it happened.  I wanted to shout, sing, dance, and immediately run over to their homes to have coffee and chat, which I did.  I got my chance to be normal for an afternoon as I sat with one of the wives and we chatted about our experiences.  Then I got to talk on the phone with the other wife about how excited she was and I am, and about our plans.  I was given a gift that is beyond precious to me. 
I now understand why David danced before the Lord, and the phrase "shout for joy".
Psalm 20:5 "We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests."
God granted an unspoken request that met an unspoken need from a Loud and Mighty God who loves me. I want to shout for joy that GOD IS THE GIVER OF ALL GOOD GIFTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment