Profile Pic

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More of you and less of me

I was meeting with my mentor yesterday and she shared that her life has recently been full of examples where God is bringing about more of Him and less of her.  She said that she could see God doing the same thing in my life.  God becoming more and me becoming less.  Her words didn't really impact me the way that they should have.  I moved forward and continued the conversation and didn't think about it again, until today.  I was sitting in my large overstuffed chair in the living room, snuggled in, to have some quiet time with the Lord.  I began reading and praying through some scripture.  I came across this scripture: Isaiah 53:4-5
"Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our sins; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." 
It was heart breaking.  It opened up a place in my heart that aches, a place that knows how little credit I give my savior.  He took my sin and my sorrow and carried them on his shoulders straight to the cross.  It is only by his wounds that I find healing.  It is all about what He did and not about what I am feeling.  I can have peace because of His punishment.  My healing is a direct result of His death.  It is all about Him and not about me. The truth crashes in on you sometimes in a mighty way. 
 I continued to read scripture after scripture about Jesus being the one who sustains, the one who rescues, the one who rejoices over me, the one who strengthens my faith, the one who preserves life, the one who gives abundant life, the one who makes my path straight, the one who has depth of wisdom, the one who comforts, loves, and saves. 
How could I not want more of Him and less of me?  When I don't understand why the wait is taking so long, God has numbered the days.  When I am hurting, God is comfort.  When I am confused and don't understand God's plan, He knows every step.  When I don't think I can trust, God gives the strength to believe.  When I needed to be saved, Jesus wounded himself to make it happen.  I need nothing more than to have more God in my life and less me. 
It is an amazingly simple concept that can seem so complicated.  If the trials we are going through in this life are producing more of Him and less of me then we are blessed beyond words.  My prayer: Lord, let there be more of you and less of me.  Who doesn't need more of our AMAZING God in their lives?  He is the giver of ALL things.  He is life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment