Profile Pic

Friday, October 30, 2009

Ministry

Through everything Dave and I have been through I am finally starting to see God's workmanship. I am seeing ways that He has molded me and ways that He is starting to use what we have been through as a ministry. I have recently been able to connect with so many amazing women who have adopted, or who have been through infertility and loss. God has allowed me the privilege of sharing what He has done in my life and the hope and healing that He can bring! What a blessing to know that God is using my pain for a purpose. I found the most comfort in talking with wonderful women around me who had been through similar experiences as I have been through. I am so glad to be that woman for others now.
As many of you know I get to bring new life into this world on a nightly basis. I still struggle with loving women who have no appreciation for the gift that being able to carry and deliver a healthy baby is. I have sat with countless couples as they have celebrated, and I have sat with a few who delivered a baby who didn't make it and cried. My job has at times added an even deeper level of pain, but it is also adding an amazing layer of ministry. I have been able to share my story with co-workers and through that even share the amazing gospel of Jesus Christ and His ability to love and heal.
It has been 4 months now since we put down the burden of infertility and it has been the most amazing thing. Truly freeing. I have received healing and hope and cannot wait for God to make my story unique. I have put what I thought my life would look like and my time line at the foot of the cross and left it there.
We are still trying to settle things with my doctor in Apex and waiting for her to send the appropriate paper work to the adoption agency, so please keep that in your prayers. Anyone who is interested in knowing more about adoption and how to support us through it should read Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families and Churches by Russel D. Moore. This book opened my eyes and heart to the amazing ministry God has for adoption and certainly helped affirm that for us adoption is the way we want to start our family.
We will keep you updated!

Love, Crystal

2 comments:

  1. I am one such gal who has found solace in your comforting words about adoption. We too have just began the journey and I look forward to sharing the "wait time" with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    Thanks for being so willing to share where the Lord has you and Dave. Though I have only spent limited time with you; I know well that you are a vessel of the Lord and that as you write about in your blog He will use you and the story that He has given you for an awesome purpose! Please know that you were such a blessing to my husband and I almost one year ago, and we are thankful to the Lord for your life! Please know that I will be praying for you and that the Lord would continue to shine His face on you in the journey He has you on. May you be blessed in the waiting period; knowing full well that His timing is best! We send love to you in Christ!

    ReplyDelete