Profile Pic

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Gift

A purple card with a black and white picture of a mothers hands holding two tiny feet that says
" Soon those ten tiny toes will tiptoe into your heart...and leave their footprints forever." My first Mother's Day gift. No one can imagine the impact.
Last night after going to dinner with Dave and my parents we came back to my house to exchange gifts. Dave got a birthday gift, my dad got a birthday gift, and my mom got a mothers day gift. After all of the gift giving was done my mom and dad said that they had just one more.
Out came a BABY bag that contained the sweet card I quoted above and two teddy bears, one pink, and one blue. It was a Mother's Day gift. For me. There were so many layers to what this meant to me.
What a small thing that it was in a baby bag, but I have never been the one to receive a baby bag. I have sat and watched shower after shower and dreamed of the day that I would unwrap gifts from pastel bags, but this time it was meant for me. I unwrapped it. Next that sweet card-tears automatically followed. It represents hope. As my mom said- you are expecting and I want you to feel that. I did. I have this card to hold on to. A symbol of hope of the blessing that are already on their way. Next, the bears. The excitement of not knowing if our baby will need pink or blue, or possibly we will get babies for both bears. They are going to sit in the crib until it is filled with our sweet child. (By the way, I have already picked out the crib I want- no surprise.) It was such a sweet moment for me. My parents are going to be grandparents and they are so excited and that couldn't mean more to me.
When I climbed into bed last night I couldn't help but be humbled by a love from God that I don't deserve. A love from family that I don't deserve. I prayed that God would help me love those around me the way God loves me. I am so blessed. I am so loved. I am so undeserving. That is what is so amazing about God's love. I did nothing to make God love me, but He does. I did nothing to deserve these gifts, but He gives them. I am nothing, but through Him I am someone. He holds me the way that mom on my card is holding those tiny feet. And there is hope in God's love.

1 comment: