Profile Pic

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Still Working...

I have been chatting with a lot of people lately who have mentioned that I haven't updated our blog in a while, so here is an update. We are still working on our home study paper work, which has been a true labor of love. Until this point I have patiently moved through our paperwork and been able to remind myself that this is all for the love of our child- and then I got the home study packet in the mail. It has been so thick and so long and my patience in this process has at times wavered. I have wanted to cry and believe the lie that this will never happen, and at other times I have seen God move in amazing ways (God appointed an amazing woman at the Clerk of Courts to give us our background checks in one day and free of charge). The closer we get to being done with the home study paper work the more anxious I get! I have to take moments every day to be still before the Lord and pray for patience. In many ways this process has been similar to pregnancy: I have been tired and had many sleepless nights. I look at the timeline and think will this child ever be here? I anticipate what he/she will look like, act like, ect. Even the labor pains of going through something uncomfortable in order to meet our sweet little one! Please continue to pray for us as we fight our way through this process. Pray for patience and endurance. Pray for speed through the rest of the process. Pray for our future little one that he/she is being knit together according to God's perfect plan, and for our future birth mother as she will begin to make one of the hardest choices in her life. We will let you know when the home study paper work is sent in (there will be A LOT of rejoicing), and after that the agency will contact us to set up an appointment to come see our house and do our interviews. We will also attend a weekend information meeting...and then we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment